MOROCCAN VEGETABLE CASSEROLE
- 2 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Onion – finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground chilly
- 1 large piece of orange rind- remove with potato peeler.
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas – rinsed
- ½ cup sultanas
- 2 cups pumpkin cut into chunks
- 1 cups carrots cut into large rounds
- 1 cup kumara cut into pieces.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan. Add onion and cook a few minutes Add spices and cook for 1 minute. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well together. Transfer into a medium to large size pot without a lot of air space above the vegetables. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on. Do not allow steam to escape before putting into your Heylo bag. This helps to maintain the temperature in the air space. Put the pot into the Heylo bag and seal well. Push the beads up to cover all surfaces of the pot. Leave in the Heylo bagfor 2 hours. If you would like to add green vegetables such as courgettes, peas or broccoli add them to the pot 10 minutes before stipulated resting time in the bag. Add green vegetables and bring the pot back to the boil. Place the pot back in the Heylo bag for the last 10 minutes. Your meal is hot and ready to eat. Great with couscous and minty yoghurt on the side
- Note: If you do not have all the spice ingredients you could buy a single bottle of Cajun spice or Moroccan spice. Also using a can of spiced Moroccan or Indian tomatoes would add to the flavors.
Heylo Bags http://heylobags.co.nz/