Not so fast - LAMB SHANKS
A warming mid winter favorite
- 4 lamb shanks
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons plum sauce
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 red onion
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a heavy duty frying pan brown lamb shanks on all sides
- Remove and put in a medium size pot.
- Saute the chopped onion and garlic in the frying pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Pour over the lamb shanks and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Keep the lid on and place the pot in a Heylo bag.
- Close securely by doing up the Velcro tabs and pulling on the draw string.
- Push the beads up around the pot to fully insulate it.
- Leave for 3 hours to carry on cooking.
- Serve with mashed kumara and glazed carrots. Peas complete the colour spectrim. Red wine complements this dish.
Heylo Bags http://heylobags.co.nz/