MOROCCAN LAMB WITH APRICOTS
- 1.5 kg lamb chops cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili (optional)
- 1 tin diced tomatoes (Moroccan tomatoes are good
- then you don’t need to add the extra spices.)
- A handful of dried apricots halved
- 1 cup of pumpkin peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 carrots cut into rough pieces
- 1 parsnips cut into rough pieces
- 1 potato peeled and cut into large pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in medium to large pot. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes. Dust the lamb pieces with flour and brown in the pot. (This helps to thicken the sauce) Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon and chili if using. Cook for a few minutes. Add the tinned tomato, apricot ½ s and 1 cup water. The liquid should be just below the meat. Place the pumpkin, carrot and parsnip and potato on top. The vegetables don’t need to be submerged in the liquid as the steam will allow them to cook. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Make sure the lid is on and the steam is retained in the pot. The less air space in the pot the better.
- Transfer the pot directly to the HEYLO BAG. Close the bag and make sure the beads are evenly distributed and the pot is completely insulated. Leave the pot in the HEYLO BAG for 2 hours. Serve with HEYLO BAG cooked rice. (2min cooking + ½ hr in the bag).
Heylo Bags http://heylobags.co.nz/