Something a little different. Tangy tasty chicken in an orange based sauce.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- oil to brown
- 4 Tablespoons good marmalade
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups light chicken stock (or water)
- a sprig of thyme
- Coat drumsticks with the flour in a plastic bag.
- Brown in hot oil in a frying pan.
- Put in a medium sized pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the frying pan and heat together.
- Pour over the chicken in the pot.
- The liquid should just cover the chicken, if not add a little more stock/water.
- Simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Put the pot in a Heylo bag and close the Velcro tabs.
- Do up the drawstring.
- Push the beads up around the pot to fully insulate it.
- Leave undisturbed for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the drumsticks.
- Keep warm, and thicken the sauce with a little tapioca or cornflour.
- Serve with rice and some colourful vegetables on the side.
Heylo Bags http://heylobags.co.nz/