LAMB WITH BEANS
A simple easy recipe that the kids will love.
- 500 gr lean lamb cut into pieces
- 1 tin broad beans drained
- 1 onion cut into chunks
- 1 carrot cut into slices
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tablespoons ginger
- 1 cup chicken stock to just cover
- 2 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- Heat oil in a wok or heavy frying pan.
- Brown the lamb pieces.
- Sauté the onion and add the carrot, ginger and garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the stock and tomato paste.
- Insert a stick of rosemary into the liquid which should just cover the meat.
- Transfer to a medium to small size pot and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on so the steam is retained in the pot.
- The less air space in the pot the better.
- Transfer the pot directly to the Heylo bag.
- Close the bag and make sure the beads are evenly distributed and the pot is completely insulated. Leave the pot in the Heylo bags for 2 hours.
- Serve with some fluffy cous -cous or rice.
- To serve more people simply add some lovely small new potatoes and an extra carrot.
Heylo Bags http://heylobags.co.nz/