HASTY TASTY PASTRY
A quick way to disguise a casserole as a delicious steaming pie on a cold winters night. This pastry is for a small dinner size pie topping. Double and keep any left overs for another time. If doubling, just use 1 egg and add a little more cold water to help form the pastry ball.
- 1 cup flour
- 75 gr cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cold water (if necessary.)
- pinch of salt
- Blend the flour, butter and salt in a food processor for a few minutes till looking like bread crumbs.
- Add the egg and water and blend briefly till a ball forms.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.(I use my waxed cloth.)
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- To use - roll out on a floured board.
- Cover the cold pie ingredients with the pastry overlapping the sides..
- Cut to the shape of the dish.
- Pinch the edges, connecting with the dish.
- Brush with milk .
- Bake in a hot oven 180 deg. for 30- 40 minutes.
- Use a leftover boneless casserole to make this quick pie.
Heylo Bags http://heylobags.co.nz/