GREEN CHICKEN CURRY WITH EGGPLANT
A quick easy and delicious recipe. Chicken breast only takes a short time to cook in a Heylo bag.
- 500 gr chicken breast – cut into small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 medium size eggplant
- 1 red capsicum in slices.
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon raw sugar
- A small handful coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil in heavy frying pan.
- Add the onion and curry paste and cook together for a minute.
- Add the coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil.
- Pour into a medium to small pot.
- Add some oil to the frying pan and briefly brown the chicken. Add to the pot.
- Saute the eggplant and capsicum in a little oil , and add to the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot (except the coriander).
- Simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Transfer the pot of curry to the Heylo bag.
- Close the bag with the Velcro and do up the drawstring.
- Push the beads up to cover all surfaces of the pot.
- Leave in the Heylo bag for 1 hour.
- Serve into a beautiful dish and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
- Serve this into bowls of sticky rice with the sauce spooned over. To feed more people add more vegetables.
Heylo Bags http://heylobags.co.nz/