Golden Syrup Lemon Steamed Pudding
- 2 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Prepare your pots!
- Heat 2 cups of water in a small pot. Put your 4 cup pudding basin in to keep warm.
- Cream the butter and sugar with the lemon rind. Add egg, beating well. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the creamed mixture. Add milk and lemon juice. Mix together. Spoon the golden syrup into the heated bowl in the pot. Add the mixture to the top of that and cover it with a round of baking paper. Put the lid on the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Do not allow steam to escape before putting into your Heylo bag. This helps to maintain the temperature in the air space. Put the pot into the Heylo bag and seal well. Push the beads up to cover all surfaces of the pot. As this is a small pot, bunch up the top of the bag and tie securely with the ribbon. Leave in the Heylo bag for 2 hours.
- Open up your HEYLO BAG and your pudding is steaming hot and ready to eat! Serve with custard or ice cream..
- This is a basic recipe. For example you can replace syrup with a berry jam and add a couple of tablespoons of cocoa into the flour.At Christmas you may like to add some spices, and dried fruit.
Heylo Bags http://heylobags.co.nz/