FLUFFY WHITE RICE
The only way to cook rice ! Power saving. No more burnt pots. Easy to clean Ready when you are.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- A pinch of salt
- Measure the water into the pot.
- Add the rice and salt.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir once.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes with the lid on.
- Transfer the pot to the Heylo bag leaving the lid on to maintain the steam in the pot.
- Close the bag securely bringing the beads up to fully insulate the pot.
- The rice will be ready in 1/2 hour.
- Use a fork to fluff up the grains of rice.
- You can leave the rice in the bag for a couple of hours and it will be ready and hot and not over cooked.
- Add interest to your rice by replacing water with stock. Add raisins and turmeric for yellow rice to serve with a with a curry.A cinnamon stick makes rice lovely and fragrant. Lemon slices also add interest. For a quick and easy rice meal check out the Pilates Paella recipe.
Heylo Bags http://heylobags.co.nz/