MADRAS BEEF CURRY
Very few ingredients in this simple tasty curry. The sauce seems to thicken on it's own.
- 350 g rump steak
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3-4 Tablespoons madras curry powder
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock.
- Brown onion in oil, add curry and cook about 1 minute.
- Add the meat and stir till coated with curry powder.
- Stir in the tomato paste and stock.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Leave the lid on and transfer the pot to the Heylo bag.
- Make sure it is snugly fitting in the bag and close the draw string.allow to stand for about 2 hours.
- Because the pot is insulated by the Heylo bag it will remain hot and the cooking process will continue.
- 2 hours later your curry is hot and ready to eat with fluffy white rice.
- This original recipe says cook for 1 HOUR 15 MIN. I never cook a casserole for more than 10 - 15 minutes. My Heylo bags are energy saving right from the start. !
Heylo Bags http://heylobags.co.nz/