A hot or cold dish. Serve hot as a colourful vegetable. Save leftovers as a salad. Keeps for weeks in a sealed container in the fridge.
- 1 kg beetroot -peeled and grated
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cider or malt vinegar.
- In a small pot heat vinegar and sugar till sugar has melted.
- Add beetroot.
- Put the lid on and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir once during this time to mix the beetroot into the liquid.
- Keeping the lid on put the pot into the Heylo bag and seal up well.
- Leave to stand for 1 hour to continue the cooking process.
- This is really good served hot with pork or venison. A great standby salad.
Heylo Bags http://heylobags.co.nz/