Beef and Prune Casserole
A rich beef dish full of interesting flavors.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 500 gr lean beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Rind and juice of 1 large orange
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup prunes
- 1 cup beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté onions in the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the meat and brown. Transfer to a small pot. Put the rest of the ingredients into the frying pan to warm and deglaze the pan. Pour this over the meat in the pot. This should just cover the meat. Put the lid on and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and put the pot in the HEYLO BAG. Tie up securely. Leave to stand 2 hours. After this time the meat is cooked and still steaming hot and ready to eat.
- The prunes add great flavor to this dish and complement the orange and tomato flavors. No one need know there are prunes in this dish as they blend into the sauce so perfectly and add a touch of mystery.
- I served this with with sweet baby carrots and new potatoes out of my garden. Enjoy with a glass of your favorite red wine
Heylo Bags http://heylobags.co.nz/